If you are a fan of “The Chase” on GSN you are familiar with ‘The Beast’. He appears to know a little bit about everything. Kind of reminds me of a few students I’ve taught over the years. Those of you who are or were teachers can relate to this. Here are a few things you can impress your friends with. The Beast might do well to know some of these. I put this as Number 1 because I’ll probably have more as time goes on.
1. The fear of ants is called myrmecophobia.
2. The leaves of potato plants are poisonous if eaten. (Better tell the potato bugs this fact.)
3. Hummingbirds can fly forward, backwards, sideways and upside down but they cannot walk.
4. Birds need gravity to swallow.
5. A skunk can spray accurately up to 12 feet away.
6. A sphygmomanometer measures blood pressure.
7. An average American uses 70 gallons of water per day.
8. There have been more than 3000 species of earthworms identified and named.
9. A gopher tunnel can be up to 800 feet long.
10. Deer have a thick pad of skin in place of front teeth in their upper jaw.
Keep your fork