Did you know that you can freeze cheese? Yes, you can actually freeze cheese by following these simple instructions.
1. Leave cheese in its protective wrap. If you would like some cheese before you freeze it, cut some off and then make sure you wrap it tightly with saran wrap.
2. It is good practice to wrap cheese in newspaper or freezer wrap. This will keep the cheese from getting freezer burn.
3. Thawing out the cheese – Take cheese out of the freezer and let it thaw out in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. this will keep the cheese from crumbling.
Cheese may be frozen for up to 6 months.
If you bought some cheese on vacation and are traveling long distances, keep the cheese in a cooler or thermal bag if traveling for more than 2 days.
Will cheese keep during those hot summer days when traveling? Yes, it will, by following these simple instructions.
1. Have your cheese double-bagged when traveling for more than 2 days.
2. If you have air conditioning, keep your cheese up front where it is cooler.
3. If you are traveling 3 or more days without air conditioning it is advisable to use an ice chest.
4. Do not put cheese in your car trunk. This would be the hottest place.
Keep your fork