Milk protein allergy is the most common food allergy among children. Many newer parents may have no idea if a food contains milk protein or not. Here are some terms that indicate that milk protein is present.
* Artificial butter flavor * Buttermilk * Cheese * Cottage Cheese * Cream * Custard * Curds * Ghee
* Half-and-half * Lactoglobulin * Lactulose * Nisin * Nougat * Pudding * Rennet casein * Sour milk solids
* Whey (in all forms) * Yogurt * Butter, Butter fat, Butter Oil * Casein or casein hydrolysate
* Caseinates (in all forms) * Lactalbumin, lactalbumin phosphate * Milk (all forms including goat’s milk)
* Sour cream, sour cream solids
Keep your fork