Starting plants from seeds that you have started indoors can give you a head start on the growing season. To get vigorous transplants, give the following points some thought.
* Start your transplants with seeds from reliable sources.
* Select cultivars that give you the plant size, color and growth habit you want.
* Select cultivars that are adapted to your area.
* Purchase enough seed for only the present growing season.
* Become familiar with the approximate time to seed before the last frost, time seeds take to germinate, proper germination temperature and the need for light/dark to germinate.
Keep your fork