If your mother was anything like mine, she gave you advise on anything and everything. “Wear clean underwear in case you have a car wreck.” “Look both ways when you cross the railroad tracks.” “Eat your vegetables. Think of all the starving children in China.” These are but a few. She had many more.
Do you suppose their mothers may have said:
- Abraham! Stop wandering around the country side and get home for supper.
- Cain! Get off your brother! You’re going to kill him one day.
- David! I told you to quit playing in the house with that sling! Go practice your harp. We’ve paid good money for your lessons.
- Gideon! Have you been hiding in the wine-press again? Look at your clothes.
- James and John! Please, no more burping contests at the dinner table. People are going to call you the Sons of Thunder.
- Jesus! Be careful with those carpenter’s tools. You’ll put a nail through your finger someday.
- Judas! Have you been in my purse again?
- Noah! No, you can’t keep them! How many times must I tell you not to bring any more strays home?
- Sampson! Get your hand out of that lion’s mouth. You don’t know where he’ been.
- Shadrach! Meshach! Abednego! How many times have I told you not to play with fire?
Keep your fork